- 2017 Full Proceedings
- Glyphosate Herbicide: Separating the Fact from the Fiction Carl K. Winter, Food Science and Technology, University of California, Davis, CA
- Challenges of Weed Management in Urban Areas. Chris A. Geiger, Ph.D. Toxics Reduction and Healthy Ecosystems Program, San Francisco Department of the Environment, San Francisco, CA
- Integrated Weed Management is Needed Now More Than Ever. Steven A. Fennimore, University of California, Davis, at Salinas, CA
- Application of Partially Stabilized Organic Amendments to Inactivate Brassica nigra (a Weed) and Fusarium oxysporum f.sp.lactucae (a Fungal Pathogen) Using Soil Biosolarization. J.D. Fernández-Bayo1,2, T.E. Randall*2, Y. Achmon1,2, K.V. Hestmark2, D.R. Harrold2, J.Su1, R.M. Dahlquist-Willard3, T.R. Gordon4, J.J. Stapleton5, J.S. VanderGheynst2, and C.W. Simmons1. 1Department of Food Science and Technology, University of California, Davis, CA, USA (UC Davis), 2Department of Biological and Agricultural Engineering, UC Davis, 3University of California Cooperative Extension, Fresno County, CA, USA, 4Department of Plant Pathology, UC Davis, 5Statewide Integrated Pest Management Program, University of California, Kearney Agricultural Research and Extension Center, Parlier, CA, USA.
- Spatio-Temporal Ecological Modeling of Water Hyacinth Environment on the Performance of a Biological Control Agent. Emily Bick*, UC Davis, Christian Nansen, UC Davis
- Dormancy Requirements of Hairy Fleabane (Conyza bonariensis) Seeds.
Vivian Maier and Anil Shrestha, Department of Plant Science, California State University, Fresno, CA
- Response of Walnuts to Simulated Drift of Rice Herbicides.Mariano Galla, University of California, Davis
- Palmer Amaranth (Amaranthus palmeri) Management Issues in California.Anil Shrestha1, Sonia Rios2, Steve Wright3, and Bradley Hanson41Department of Plant Science, California State University, Fresno, CA 93740; 2University of California Cooperative Extension, Riverside/San Diego Counties, CA; 3University of California Cooperative Extension, Tulare, CA; 4University of California, Davis, CA
- Sharp-point Fluvellin: The Creeping Menace. John Roncoroni, University of California Cooperative Extension, Napa, CA
- Paraquat-resistant Italian Ryegrass Management Options in Orchard Crops in California. Caio Brunharo1, Bradley D. Hanson2. 1PhD Student, UC Davis; 2UCCE Weed Science Specialist, UC Davis
- Environmental and Soil Factors Influencing Pre-emergent Herbicide Activity.
Matt Ehlhardt,Tremont and Lyman Groups
- Integrated, Adaptive Management of Aquatic Weeds: The USDA-ARS Delta Region Areawide Aquatic Weed Project (DRAAWP). Patrick J. Moran1*, Paul D. Pratt1, David L. Bubenheim2, Christopher Potter2, Sharon P. Lawler3, Karen C. Jetter4, Edward J. Hard5, Beckye Stanton6, 1U.S. Department of Agriculture-Agricultural Research Service (USDA-ARS), Exotic and Invasive Weeds Research Unit (EIWRU), 800 Buchanan St., Albany, CA 94710, USA, 2National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA), Ames Research Center, Moffett Field, CA, USA, 3University of California-Davis, Department of Entomology and Nematology, Davis, CA, USA, 4University of California-Davis, Department of Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics, Agricultural Issues Center, Davis, CA, USA, 5Division of Boating and Waterways, California Department of Parks and Recreation, Sacramento, CA, USA, 6Sacramento-San Joaquin Delta Conservancy, Sacramento, CA, USA.
- Hydrilla Eradication Challenges, Partnerships and Lessons Learned. David Kratville, Michelle Dennis and Jonathan Heintz. California Department of Food and Agriculture, Sacramento, CA
- Lake Tahoe Aquatic Plant Management Program. Lars W. Anderson. USDA ARS (retired), Davis, CA
- The California Delta – Aquatic Plant Invaders Identification and Management. John D. Madsen, USDA ARS, Department of Plant Sciences, University of California-Davis, Davis, CA
- Organic/Non-Chemical Weed Management Options in Strawberries.
Oleg Daugovish, University of California Cooperative Extension, Ventura, CA
- Weed Management in Organic Cane Berry Production. Dan O. Chellemi, Agricultural Solutions, Safety Harbor, FL
- Weeds as Hosts for Lygus Bug. Shimat V. Joseph, University of California Cooperative Extension, Salinas
- Chemical Weed Control in Berry Crops. Steven A. Fennimore, University of California, Davis, at Salinas, CA
- Roadside and Invasive Vegetation Management in Lassen County, California.
Craig A. Hemphill, Lassen County Department of Agriculture
- Diablo Canyon Land Stewardship Program and IPM. Kelly Kephart, PG & E, Natural Resource Management
- Gaining Ground on Invasive Annual Grasses – New Options to Rehabilitate Our Natural Areas. Harold Quicke*1, D. Sebastian2, S. Nissen2. 1Bayer CropScience Vegetation Management, 2 Bioagricultural Science and Pest Management Department, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO, USA
- The Next Generation of Vegetation Management and Stewardship.
Gabriel Ludwig, Vegetation Management Specialist, Helena Chemical Company, Surprize, AZ
- Turfgrass Weed Control and Best Management Practices Mark M. Mahady, Mark M. Mahady and Associates, Carmel Valley, CA
- Phytotoxicity of Herbicides and Abiotic Factors to Landscape and Turf – Causes, Impacts and Procedures for Mitigation. Lauren E. Howell, Director of Horticultural Services, Bemus Landscape, Inc.
- Healthy Schools Act: 2016 Update for Turf and Landscape. Eric Denemark, CDPR, Sacramento, CA Updates in Turfgrass Plant Growth Regulator Research. Jeff Atkinson, Turf and Landscape Portfolio Leader, SePRO Corporation
- Spread and Management of Herbicide Resistant Weeds in California Rice. Kassim Al-Khatib, Department of Plant Sciences, UC Davis
- Before Roundup Ready Crops: Was Weed Control that Great?
Steve Wright, University of California Cooperative Extension, Tulare & Kings Counties
- Sharpen & Shark; Two New PPO Herbicides for Established Alfalfa.
¹Mick Canevari, Donald Colbert, and Randall Wittie ¹UCCE Emeritus
- Nozzle Technologies for Effective Weed Control. Robert E. Wolf, Wolf Consulting & Research, LLC
- Interactive Effects of Grazing, Glyphosate Rate, and Application Timing on Barb Goatgrass Seedhead Production. Elise S. Gornish1, Travis M. Bean2*, Josh Davy3, Guy Kyser1. 1Department of Plant and Environmental Sciences, University of California, Davis, CA, USA. 2Department of Botany and Plant Sciences, University of California, Riverside, CA, USA, 3University of California Cooperative Extension Glenn, Colusa and Tehama Counties, CA
- Ecologically-based Adaptive Management of Perennial Pepperweed for Endangered Species and Tidal Marsh Recovery. Brenda J. Grewell and Caryn J. Futrell, USDA-ARS Exotic & Invasive Weeds Research Unit, UCD, Davis, CA
- Reforestation Following Wildfire. Stuart Gray, Sierra Pacific Industries, Redding, CA
- Digital Crop Protection: Using Computer Vision and Machine Learning to Recognize and Selectively Eliminate Weeds. Jorge Heraud, CEO, Blue River Technologies, Mountain View, CA
- Automated Weeders: Where Are They Headed? Steven A. Fennimore, University of California, Davis, at Salinas, CA Artichoke Weed Control: Then, Now and In The Future. Lionell G Handel: PCA, QAL, Agricultural Consultant, Instructor, Hartnell College, Agricultural Business and Technology, Salinas, CA
- Overview of Organic Weed Control in Leafy Vegetable Production on the California Central Coast and Imperial Valley. Ramy Colfer, Agricultural Operations, Earthbound Farm, San Juan Bautista, CA
- Protecting Surface Water from Pesticide Contamination in California. K S Goh, PhD, California Department of Pesticide Regulation, Sacramento, CA
- New Applicator Certification and Continuing Education (CE) Regulations.
Leslie Ann Crowl, Senior Environmental Scientist (Supervisor), Department of Pesticide Regulation, Pest Management & Licensing Branch
- New Training Topics for Workers and Handlers and How to Tackle Them. Lisa A. Blecker*, S. P. Risorto. Pesticide Safety Education Program, University of California Agriculture and Natural Resources Statewide IPM Program
- Pesticide Jeopardy. Sarah P. Risorto, Pesticide Safety Educator, University of California, Agriculture and Natural Resources Statewide IPM Program
- Effects of Seeding Depth on Weed Control in Drill-Seeded Rice.
Alex Ceseski, Amar S. Godar, and Kassim Al-Khatib, University of California, Davis
- Temperature, Glyphosate Interactions within Roundup Ready Alfalfa.
Liberty Galvin ¹, Brad Hanson ², Steve Orloff ³ University of California, Davis ¹, University of California Cooperative Extension, Weed Specialist ², University of California Cooperative Extension, Siskiyou County ³
- Mechanical Measures Taken for Weed Control in the Mechanical Harvest of Bell Peppers. Adalia M. Cajias – CSU Chico Undergrad CWSS 2016 Scholarship Recipient
- A Population of Italian Ryegrass from Sonoma County California Exhibits Resistance to Fluazifop and Glyphosate. Caio Brunharo*1, John Roncoroni2, Bradley Hanson3. 1PhD Student, UC Davis; 2UCCE Weed Science Farm Advisor; 3UCCE Weed Science Specialist, UC Davis
- Is Glyphosate Resistance in Junglerice (Echinochloa colona L.) Temperature-Dependent? Samikshya Budhathoki, Katrina Steinhauer, and Anil Shrestha, Department of Plant Science, California State University, Fresno, CA
- Dormancy Requirements of Hairy Fleabane (Conyza bonariensis) Seeds. Vivian Maier and Anil Shrestha Department of Plant Science, California State University, Fresno, CA
- Weed Seed Inactivation Using Biosolarization with Mature Greenwaste Compost and Tomato Pomace Amendments. Y. Achmon*1,2, J. Fernández-Bayo1,2, K. Hernandez3,4, D. McCurry3, D. Harrold2, J. Su1, R. Dahlquist-Willard3, J. Stapleton5, J. VanderGheynst2, C. Simmons1. 1Food Science and Technology and Biological and Agricultural Engineering Departments, University of California, Davis, CA, USA, 3University of California Cooperative Extension, Fresno County, CA, USA, 4School of Natural Sciences, Fresno Pacific University, Fresno, CA, USA, 5Statewide Integrated Pest Management Program, University of California, Kearney Agricultural Research and Extension Center, Parlier, CA, USA.